Pancakes were made. Moments were cherished.
And I still add a mountain of fruit onto any breakfast I have.
Now for the reason we are all gathered in this moment:
The easy, fluffy, filling, pancake recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon, sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Whisk that all together, spoon into the pan (or griddle) with a ladle if you are accident prone like me.
I was always that kid who made pancakes that were too big, so this made 4 pancakes for me.
Berry Jam from Catherine Perez on Instagram.
For the record, you should be following her anyway, she is a registered dietitian AND a whole food plant-based vegan. One of the best things you could do for your timeline.
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon honey (or any sweetener you choose)
Put all of that into a bowl, stir. Microwave it for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken. I did this before making the pancake batter because sometimes I forget these things.
Here are my pancakes with the berry jam, sliced banana, and walnuts! I’m slightly sad that I don’t have this plate to eat anymore but I can just make some more another day.
- I used white whole wheat flour because I need to use it up and the additional nutrients never hurt. It is a different flour from all purpose flours but King Arthur Flour’s website has demystified when and how to use white whole wheat flour.
- Feel free to use any of your normal pancake toppings.
And because of who I am as a person, I also ate these this morning with sliced banana, walnuts, syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. My only regret was not having a big enough stomach to eat more.
Thank you being here and reading my writing. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Subscribe to the blog and follow me on the Instagram machine!